Sunday 24 February 2013

Snow Shower

The other week, we had a fleeting snow shower. It only lasted an hour or two and then it was gone. 

Here's some photos I managed to capture in that time.

This first one, I was trying actually photograph the falling snow. At first it seemed a really easy thing to do. Well there was so much of it falling, how could I not get it right? Wrong! Trying to get the camera to actually focus on such small flakes was a big challenge, and this was the best I could get on this occasion.





This next photo reminds me of Narnia, from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, where they entered by the lamppost. :)



Next to the road where I live is an old manor. It's a pub & restaurant now, and our house is in what used to be it's grounds. 

I hope to get some close up shots of the manor later this year.



Our back garden is surrounded on two sides by a big unattractive concrete wall. We decided to grow ivy on it to mask it a little. Ivy would be great we thought, it grows everywhere. Everywhere it would seem, apart from where you actually want it to grow!




All of the houses in our Cul-de-Sac have these garden walls. They look so pretty when it snows.




The trees by the manor. 



When it next snows heavily, I plan to take a lot more different shots. 

Don't forget my FLICKR and FACEBOOK PAGE. :)


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment