Wednesday 13 February 2013

Frustrated Traveller

Today I had to go to the doctors which is about a 20 minute drive from home.

In the surrounding areas where I live are some amazing sights. Even on such a simple journey to the doctors, so many different things catch my eye. 

But!

It's not possible to stop on most of the roads along the journey, which is soooo frustrating. 

Because of this, I hadn't taken my camera with me today, and it's just typical that an opportunity should arise to take a photo then. 

There were traffic lights for some temporary roadworks along the main road. To my left was a derelict building. I think it's listed, so cannot be demolished. But sadly it hasn't been maintained either, which is a real shame.


I might not have had my camera, but I did have my mobile phone, so took a photo with that instead.

On the way back, we were stopped at lights again, this time trees to see.


There's something about these trees, how very straight and upright they are. It won't be that long and they'll all look totally different with all their leaves. 

I think I'll have to make a list of things I want to take photos of out and about and see if there's somewhere nearby that I can stop safely. 

The sad thing is, that a lot of people take all the things around them for granted. Take for granted the different colours through the seasons or how the trees and surrounding areas look different without the leaves.

We really do live in an amazing world. And there's plenty to see even on our very own doorstep, if we only we open our eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment