Friday 8 February 2013

Clearing Out The Clutter




It's been a couple of weeks or so since my new hobby of photography started, so I decided to stop and have a look at where I'm now at. 

Firstly I opened my photograph folder on my computer. There were over 300 photos in it! 

I decided, hard as it was, that I needed to get rid of some! 

I'd been keeping them all in case I wanted to play with them in my photo editing programme, or to put as part of a project. But when I looked at them closely, a lot weren't really good enough to be used for anything. For every 15 I had taken, maybe one was ok. 

I was pretty ruthless and finally got them down to 130 photos. I still probably have more than I need or will ever use, but for now they can stay. 

I'm still finding my feet, working out what my camera can actually do and how to take good photos, but am learning from the photos I take and hopefully will improve each time. 

I've joined a great forum - Digital Darkroom, they're really helpful and have given me a very warm welcome. I know I can learn a lot from them. 

My list of photos I want to take is constantly getting longer, it's good to have lots to challenge me. :)

I have also made a list (I love lists!) of places for hubby to take me for great photographing opportunities. 

I now have Flickr too... My Flickr

I hope to add a new blog post soon with some more photos. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment