Friday 22 February 2013

Raindrops On Branches

I'm noticing that this time of year is great for photography (as I'm sure I'll find the other seasons are too, in their different ways).

What I love is the openness of the branches on the trees and plants, which in summer can be hidden from sight. 

The other evening it had rained. When it had stopped, I noticed from my window that the raindrops had settled and remained on the branches of a bush in my garden. 

I went out with my camera and took many shots, some seemed like they were ok. But when I got back in and had a proper look on my computer, they weren't. My illness makes me shaky, so I found it very hard to hold the camera still enough to get the close up shots and be in total focus. (This was prior to getting a tripod.) 

So the blurry photos were discarded.

One shot however, which was actually by accident was this one...




I like the movement in it, reminds me of sparklers. 


Another day when I wasn't so shaky, I went out again and managed to get these shots...







Since I took these photos, I now have a tripod, so when it rains next, I'm hoping to get out and take some more. 

I'm still finding it challenging, learning how to use my camera with all the different settings, to get the best photos I can. One frustration is that the auto focus can't be turned off, but for now I'll just have to live with that. 


Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment