Saturday 13 July 2013

Life goes on

On the morning of 23rd May 2013, my life was turned upside down. 

Our Springer Spaniel Jac had been ill for some time, but the vets had been amazing in all they did for him. 



On that morning my husband and I, with guidance from the vets, decided enough was enough and it was time to give Jac peace. We sat with him, on the floor of the vet surgery, as they administered the drugs to put him to sleep. 

Jac was in no more pain. 

________________________________________________________________________

We didn't know what would happen after that. How long it would be till we felt ready for another dog. 

This came about sooner than we thought. 

We started looking at rescue home sites and on the internet pages, just to see what was around at first. If we could help a rescue dog, all the better, to do some good. Jac had been a rescue dog.

The point I realised I wanted another dog was when we were due to see some puppies, but the owner hadn't told us they had another viewing, and sold them before we even got to see them. I was gutted. 

The following day, I looked on the web and came across Sandy. His family had been given some bad news regarding a family member which meant they could no longer look after Sandy. 

We went to see him on the Wednesday evening, and came back with him!


This is a picture of him when we had just brought him home.

Things weren't that straight forward after that for a few days though. Suddenly I was hit with panic. Was I ready for this? Could I cope? Had we done the right thing? I felt so guilty for feeling like this and didn't know why I was. But, after talking it through with hubby, I managed to work through my worries. 

And next Friday, Sandy will have been with us for a month already! And I wouldn't have it any other way! 


Sandy out in the sunshine. Another sun loving dog!


Sandy is very inquisitive! He likes to know what's going on and be around us ALLLL the time!


Sandy taking a bit of time out on his bed.



Play time with the flying dog!


Welcome to the family Sandy Taylor! 



Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Typical lovely labrador - our Sam is 10 years old and still acts half his age!!!

    ReplyDelete